Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter Baking

Saturday was a very BUSY day for me. I went to an egg hunt at the Methodist church then came home to bake a bunny cake, decorate it, dye easter eggs and make sugar cookies. (Yeah, I was tired after all of that!!) There are lots of posts coming about all of that but I have to do them one at a time as I have a few minutes.

This was the first cake that my mom or I have ever decorated. I know that will be such a surprise when you actually see the finished product. Hey...we've gotta start somewhere, right? I don't guess there is any chance people will be calling us to make their wedding cakes anytime soon.



The cake may be very ugly but it tasted quite yummy. I got to stick my finger in it to taste the cream cheese icing. The ears are strawberry flavored icing but I never got to taste that.

Zoo-Zoo got to the house in time to help us make Easter Cookies. We made a huge mess. My mom doesn't have a rolling pin so we had to use coffee mugs to roll out the dough. I feel pretty sure we will be buying a rolling pin before we make any more cookies.








I stopped long enough to give my mommy a kiss. I do that every now and then just to make her weepy. Apparently grown ups love for a little kid like me to snuggle and give kisses. I have filed that away for future use. That could really get me somewhere.
I even gave my mom a taste of the flour we were using on the cookies. She said "mmmmm" but I think she was faking. I tasted that stuff and it was not very good.





post signature

3 comments:

Jami Ainsworth said...

Your cake turned out much better than ours! Natalie said ours had a silly face...she was soooo right!

Baylee's Mommy said...

Nicki....aka "The Baking SOCCER MOM ;)"

winstead family said...

it's so sweet to finally see YOU and jonah in some pictures together!!!!! yay for whoever took them! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails