Saturday, February 16, 2008

FOOD!

Jonah is such a terrible eater! You can not tell that by his weight but if you ever try to feed him, you will discover how picky he is. He HATES meat. If you give him spaghetti, he chews it, swallows, the out of one side of his mouth, he spits all the meat out. It is such a lovely site! He does the same thing with anything you give him that you try to disguise by putting meat in it.

One day last week, I gave him a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich for lunch. He immediately took it from me rather than looking at it and saying "NO!" I had such high hopes that I might have finally found something of substance that he would eat. After a short time, I realized that he was only licking the jelly off the bread. LITLE STINKER!!!


The next day, he walked into the kitchen and saw frosted cookies sitting on the counter. Now those, he will eat!!! He had yet to have dinner so I told him No. As you will see below, that did not make him happy!



He cried and cried about my decision to not allow him to have a cookie. I think most of the tears came from sheer exhaustion but they were tears nonetheless! I knew he was hungry and really dreaded the battle of what to attempt to feed him for dinner. Then, I saw a potato we had left and so I baked it in the microwave, added butter and attempted that for round one of dinner. He LOVED it!

He ate and ate and ate! I was so happy to find something he would eat and seemed to actually enjoy! Notice the potato in his hair? By the end of the meal, he abandoned his fork and just used his hands. That made it easier to shovel the potato in his mouth!
P.S. Just to prove my point about how difficult of an eater he has been, I want you to know we tried a potato again tonight and he would have NOTHING to do with it! AAUGH!

1 comment:

Karin said...

oh my! Poor Mommy!! ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails